Total Pageviews

Friday, February 17, 2012

WARNING - this post contains ranting!

I am tired.

Literally.

But more than that, I am tired of people constantly having an opinion about my profession.

I am a teacher.
I work HARD.
I work with other teachers who love their students and work just as hard (if not harder).
I spend more time at school than with my own husband.
Nay, I spend more time with my students than with my own husband.
I DO care.
I DO put their needs first.
I have to parent, love, care for, doctor, referee, and discipline children. All while being judged about doing MY job correctly.

Let's live by the saying I am constantly chanting at my children: When you have yourself figured out and perfected, THEN you may worry what anyone else is doing. Until YOU are perfect - you don't get a say.

If you think you can do it better, please, come to room 110 and give it a try.

2 comments:

  1. Tara - When it comes to money, politics, religion and children...people's opinions can be pretty unforgiving. Believe so STRONGLY in what you do the critics can't shake you. Best wishes to you ... and room 110.

    ReplyDelete
  2. T -- sorry you're having a rough time. Hopefully spring break will soon be here and you can hopefully get some much needed and earned rest. Love you,

    ReplyDelete