Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Out with the old, in with the new.

2011 has held quite a few life changing events.
*my classroom before I got to decorate*
In January, I started my very first "real" job out of college. I began the task of teaching anywhere between 25-28 5th graders (mid-year!). I can honestly say these "tweeners" have changed my outlook on life and have helped to mold my personality into what it is today.


I spent the next 6 months preparing for one of the largest events of my life: marrying my best friend.



*snapshot from our beautiful day* (Marah Grant Photography)

July 16, 2011 was the best day of my life, and the last 5 1/2 months have been more and more wonderful as each day passes.

August brought the new school year. New strategies for teaching, new friends, and new determination. I feel that I have grown so much as an educator this year. I am so much more confident in myself!

September has made me almost a quarter of a century old. 24. When did this all happen!?


November and December brought me and my husband to our first year of celebrating the holidays together. It was wonderful to be with each of our families and get to spend that time together as a family of 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment